06 September 2012

Back to normality

Before I had this operation on my face, I thought my recovery period would conflict with my exams in May. I made arrangements with my director of teaching, and he recommended I take my exams in September instead, during the retake period. Turns out I recovered quicker than expected, so could probably have done the exams in May, but I had already been put on the September register. I was slightly concerned because I didn't think I'd be able to remember any of the stuff I learned during term for September, but with plenty of revision outside of work hours, I think I did a pretty good job with them (well, 2 out of 4 modules at least).

Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked even before I've begun.

Until now, when getting back from work, I've only had one thing on my mind - revision (with little bits of time to play about with a Raspberry Pi and be sociable as well, but mainly revision). Now I actually have free time outside of office hours, and I've built up a list of things I should be doing:

  • I bought Half-Life a while ago, and still haven't got around to playing it. (That's the 1998 original, my laptop hates modern games)

  • Write more blog posts. I've been slacking recently, but at least I had a genuine excuse.

  • Fiddle with the Raspberry Pi until it can take over the world.

  • Make more Jumi Remotes. I have been told to make one to assist with Minecraft. I keep to my promises, so it will be made. The problem is I don't have Minecraft, so I don't know how I'm going to test it. And no, I'm not getting Minecraft.

  • Try and port JumiRemotes to WP7, or more technically, make my own app which is compatible with the remotes I have already made.

  • Go back to being sociable. I haven't done much with the other placement students, I still haven't had a proper night out in Oxford, so I need to do that soon.

  • Get a cool new camera. I've wanted a DSLR for ages, but never got round to buying one.

  • Learn some songs on the keyboard which I can actually play, and possibly sing, but possibly not.


So, yeah. I think that list is going to keep me busy for a while, but more importantly, no more exams! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment